Welcome

Your Life is Beautiful!

Cherished Family Photo Contest Entries

Thank you to eveyone who entered the Cherished Family Photo Contest. Before I share the entries, I want to share my photo with you and why it means so much to me. I must say it is hard to narrow it down to one photo, and some of you may have intended on entering but felt daunted by the task of chosing just one. The photo I picked was one of my Mammaw, who died when I was a teenager. It was hard excluding photos of my parents, my husband, and especially my kids. I cherish them all. But I picked this photo because I experience a longing in my heart, a precious memory from years past. She meant the world to me. I remember when she became so ill she went to live in a home for the elderly. It broke my mom's heart because we didn't have the means to take care of her in our home. It broke my heart as well, especially when we went to visit her. The place smelled funny and felt oppressive, like death was walking the halls. The photo, I believe, was taken during one of those visits. Here is the photo:

Contest Entries:



My daughter is deaf and has other medical problems.  This photo was taken after we had moved to Texas in a matter of weeks due to her medical condition.  Due to the move I was separated from my family for 3 months.  This picture is special to me because, after months of separation and stress, I caught a tender moment between my daughter and wife that signified that signified the peace of being a family again. L. Das



I like this photo for many reasons!



First, this was my attempt to be a “professional” photographer when my children were younger!


I love seeing children outdoors enjoying God’s creation. The simplicity of it is an inspiration to cherish our family all the more. The busyness of life is realized when we stop to “smell the roses”. F. Valdez


I have decided that the one picture that I will send is of my daughter Julie's first haircut.  I absolutely LOVE this picture and I melt every time I look at it.  We went to the salon and had her hair "cut" more actually a trim and Lisa put her hair in piggy tails for the first time.  I love the look of pure joy in her smile....you can see through to her loving joyous heart in this picture. In spite of her slobbery chin and her spotted shirt ... only things a mommy would notice anyway...I keep a copy at my desk at work just to make my day brighter.  I hope you enjoy it. J. Benkiel


No comments: